Thursday, March 21, 2013



This summer we have been going out a lot and on our holiday we went into a lovely looking cafe. My husband ordered a raspberry something (I dont even know what it was called) maybe a tart maybe a flan. The poor thing he was enjoying it too when we noticed there was a very long piece of hair. This happens when he enjoys something. He couldn't eat it, so I promised I would make a better one. Well I thought I could but the thing was I didn't even have a name of what it was. I was left with an image and that was all. So I decided I would find something similar but to no avail. I cheated and took parts from different recipes and the end result.
Cafe
My one

 

 

Ingredients:

1 ¼ cup plain flour
90 gram butter cubed
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons iced water
¼ cup caster sugar
Filling:
165 gram butter softened
3 eggs
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 ¼ cups almond meal
2 tablesoons flour
Raspberry filling:
½ cup caster sugar
2 rhubarb roots finely chopped
A punnet of raspberries (same amount frozen is also fine)

Method:

1-      Grease a 24 cm tart tin.

2-      Add the butter and sugar in a mixer and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks one at a time and the water bringing together a dough. Wrap the dough in glad wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

3-      In a small saucepan add the rhubarb and sugar, cook on low heat until sugar has dissolved. Add the raspberries cooking for another 10 minutes and set aside to cool.

4-      Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.

5-      Once the pastry is ready, roll it out the size of the base of the tin, trimming off any excess. Once in the tin prick with a fork randomly, and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.

6-      For the filling: Mix the butter and sugar in a mixer for 30 seconds. Add the eggs one at a time making sure you beat after each addition. Fold in the almond meal and flour. Spread the filling on top of the base.

7-      Carefully spread the raspberry filling on top. You may like to put swirls if that is the look you like.

8-      Bake the tart for 50 minutes. Once it has cooled in the tin refrigerate for two hours and serve. You may decorate with additional raspberries and mint leaves.
Please do share if you have a recipe to the picture at the cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment